Sunday 24 October 2010

Some philosophy from Kenna

I had made celery sticks with peanut butter, but was telling Kenna they were actually crunchy squid tentacles with octopus poo.

(I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the children don't immediately believe everything I tell them anymore...)

Adam: Here's your squid tentacles with octopus poo.
Kenna: Daddy! That's not squid. You're silly.
Adam: Yes it is. But don't eat all of them, three of them are for me.
Kenna: No! They're all mine. Except maybe you can have one.
Adam: No, I need three of them.
Kenna: No-- they're mine.
Adam: But I need them, what if I die because I don't eat them?
Kenna: Well, you can't live forever.
Adam: Sorry, what?
Kenna: You can't live forever. Nobody lives forever.
Adam: I see. And how do you know that?
Kenna: From school.
Adam (getting concerned, now): From school? Who told you at school?
Kenna: It's from the song about Puff.
Adam: Puff?
Kenna: Puff the magic dragon. 'Dragons live forever, but not so girls and boys.'
Adam: Oh, I see. Okay. Eat your tentacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment