Sunday 3 October 2010

Kids' posts from summer

We're consolidating the blogging into this one family blog. So as not to lose them, here are the posts from the kids' blog over the summer.


June 19th, 2010

Kenna's blog:

I'm scared of the thunder. It freaks me out.


Taran's blog:

Today I got my hair shaved bald. First I went to the barber shop and got my hair cut really really really short. Then I went back home and got my hair shaved by a razor, and then I was bald. I also got a present from Kenna-- it was a red frog. I wanted to look like bald. I wanted to look bald like Daddy. And then I hoped Mommy and Kenna would shave their heads bald so that we could be the bald family instead of the Hyland-Bocks, but Mommy and Kenna refused.

Quote of the day:

Kenna: "I was like, what?"

Kenna's blog:

(Kenna is shaking her head no.)


---

18 June 2010

Quotes of the day:

Taran (to Lynn): When I'm fifteen, I'm going to be in love with you.
Kenna (to Taran): When I grow up, I'm going to be in love with you.
Taran: Well, when I grow up, I'm going to marry Mom.
Kenna: Well, when I grow up, I'm going to marry Daddy.
Taran: Unless you marry Mom, and then I'll marry Daddy.

17-June 2010


Kenna's blog:

Daddy: Do you like my hair shaved like this?
Kenna: No.
Daddy: Well, don't worry, it will grow back.
Kenna: Yay! Then you'll look like a father again.
Daddy: Oh, don't I look like a father now?
Kenna: Not really.
Daddy: What do I look like?
Kenna: Like something that has no hair.


18-June 2010

Kenna: You have brown eyes and I have brown eyes
Daddy: Yes, we both have brown eyes.
Kenna: And Mama has brown eyes.
Daddy: Yes, she does.
Kenna: But Taran has blue eyes.
Daddy: Yes, Taran has blue eyes.
Kenna: What color are Jared's eyes?

Taran and Kenna are peeing near the pool.
Taran: I have to pee.
Kenna: I have to pee too.
Taran: I'm going to pee on the [stone statue] monkey.
Kenna: I can't do that. How are you doing that?
Taran: I have a penis.
Kenna: I don't have that. [She touches Taran's penis.]
Taran: That's because I'm a boy. I have a penis. You're a girl. You don't.
Kenna: I don't have a penis? What do I have?
Taran: [putting his hand on Kenna's groin] You don't have a penis. [they check out each others' genitalia] You have this.
Kenna: Oh. Okay.

15-June Costa Rica
June 15th, 2010

Kenna's blog:

This is boring. I don't want to do it.

Taran's blog:

Today was a fun day. I caught some good waves and did a good job surfing. Also when I had the life vest on, I caught some really good waves. (DAdi: Were those surfing waves?) Bodysurfing. And big waves. Today I got to use the hammocks again and I had some fun playing "family" with Dad and Kenna.

14-Jun in Costa Rica
June 14th, 2010

Kenna's blog

I liked the beach. And I liked the waves and bouncies and wigglies. It was a very nice day. I got to do yoga and have dinner with bananas and I like the day. The end.

Taran's blog:

I liked surfing with Jared, playing card games and doing bouncy-wigglies. Those things were really fun. I liked doing the build-a-bear and I made a surfing monkey. Right before dinner, me and Mom snuggled together, talking about the things I wanted to know.

SUNDAY, 13 JUNE 2010
Arrived in Santa Teresa
Taran says: I love the private pool for our family!
Kenna says: I Costa Rica inside the pool with all my family.
Taran: I like that Jared and Marieke are with us. They are so nice.
Kenna: I like the family inside the pool with me.
Taran: There's lots of cool things in Costa Rica.
Daddy: Like what?
Taran: The rooms, the pool, our family. Marieke and Jared. That's all.
Daddy: What have we done today?
Taran: We've gone on the airplane, drived to our house.
Daddy: What was the airplane ride like?
Taran: Fun!

SUNDAY, 23 MAY 2010
Taran's thoughts
Daddy: Taran, are you excited to go to Scotland?
Taran: Yes, I want to ride the London Eye. I like heights. It's pretty fun.
Daddy: You know the London Eye is in London, not Scotland, right?
Taran: Yes, I read it in a magazine. I also know that the London Eye is the tallest Ferris wheel in the world.
Daddy: Okay. But are you excited to go to Scotland?
Taran: Yes, I know it's going to be really fun. And I also have more sentences. I know the Scottish accent!
Daddy: Can you say something with a Scottish accent?
Taran: Yes. I love Scotland. Nae, naet liyke thot, Aye le-ove Scohtlund!

Second Thoughts
Kenna: Daddy, I don't want to leave our house
Daddy: I know Kenna, sometimes I don't want to leave either. But I have a new job in Edinburgh, and I'm going to move there. And I don't want to be lonely, so I want you and your Mom and Taran to come with me.
Kenna: That's okay. I think I'll just stay here with Mommy.

The Kenna Puppy

Kenna: I'm a puppy. Arf arf!
Daddy: Oh, I thought you were a girl.
Kenna: No, I'm a puppy! Arf arf!
Daddy: Oh. When do you turn back into a girl?
Kenna: When we get to Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment