Monday 6 December 2010

Lynn's special powers...

This past year held one major disappointment for Lynn. For 20 years she's been involved with the University of Wisconsin-Madison Hoofers Sailing Club. She was one of the founders of the short skirt party, and the socials coordinator when the club began doing Friday night socials. Lynn wasn't just the life of the Sailing Club party, she actually started the party.

And, of course, the BIG party each year is Commodore's Cup, and the BIG party at Commodore's Cup, especially for someone like Lynn who likes dressing up and dancing, is the Commodore's Ball. But this summer we were invited by some very good friends to the Discovery World Gala in Milwaukee on the same night-- a fancy black tie event at Milwaukee's waterfront, complete with alcohol-infused limo ride to and from Madison, a gourmet dinner, drinks, a professional band, and the company of friends (Paul and Ellen, Neil and Jess, Dan and Tiffany) that we don't see nearly enough.



So, despite misgivings, Lynn told me she had decided NOT to go to Commodore's Ball. Little did I know...


Here's a shot from the Cohen's house of the preparty before the ball.





And another of some members of the club arriving at the Cohen's house by windsurfboard. All this is, of course, totally normal. But the photos below are something else altogether.

Unbeknownst to myself or our hosts at the Gala, Lynn somehow found a way to attend both parties. I'm not aware of a twin sister (though it does run in her family), or magical powers specifically associated with this (although she is a good baker, and spellbindingly good with the kids), so I'm afraid I have no explanation for this, other than the power of Hoofers...


Here's Lynn with one of our great friends and long-time Hoofer, Barry Widera...





And here's Lynn with a selection of some of her close girlfriends from the Club...




It's just eerie, I tell you...

3 comments:

  1. You know, it was the Quietest that I have seen Lynn at a Hoofer Event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know until this moment about this. Adam says Prem did this. Now I can say I attended 20 consecutive Commodore's Balls. Thank you Prem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, did I get to dance with anyone?

    ReplyDelete