Saturday 11 December 2010

Legos and malapropisms

Taran received a mid-scale Millenium Falcon lego set for Hanukkah from Grandma Maris and Grandpa Harvey, and he's spent the last couple days putting it together, with only a little help from yours truly. But arguably the best moment of the entire process was when Kenna wandered over and asked me how Taran was doing with the "lemonade vulcan."

Kenna and I also did lots of lego play, in between Sylvannian family playtime. Kenna received the Toy Shop as well as a new family of brown rabbits (7 total: Mom, Dad, 2 boy and three girl rabbits including a baby girl rabbit). It turned out the brown rabbits were from Scotland and had moved to America and will be living with the American Labrador family in the windmill.

Kenna was full of something this morning. We were playing with the legos and she picked up the helicopter and started flying it around saying, "Alert! Alert! Alert!" So I said, "My goodness, an alert. That sounds bad." And she responded: "No, it's not a problem. There's an alien over here but the guys picked him up and are taking him to another planet." I was game for that, so I said, "Oh, good. What planet are they taking him to?" And she answered, "They're taking him to planet couch. It's over here in the living room."

Yesterday's bon mot was well-intentioned: "Daddy, I love you every day. But I love Mommy more."

Taran's one-liner this morning was:

"All I need is Luke's hair and then Mozart will come."

This requires some real explaining. Taran got a "Celebration Luke Skywalker" lego minifigure when he bought his Star Wars Lego Collector Encyclopedia. Luke has long blond hair and is wearing the outfit from the end of "Star Wars." Taran claimed, initially, that it wasn't Luke Skywalker at all (though I've forgotten who he said it was). But then a while back Taran announced that Luke looked like Mozart (?) because of the hair. So now Taran takes the hair off Luke's head and puts it on one of the pirate figures and calls it Mozart. I suppose that's one better than, say Bon Jovi.

No comments:

Post a Comment