Tuesday 30 November 2010

snow, blue skies, and a home day for me

Happy St. Andrew's Day! How funny to see the Tartan and Saltire on the Google main page!

When I got up this morning, the sky was grey. By 8am the snow was coming down in a thick curtain of huge white flakes. At 9am the skies are partly cloudy with sun poking through and the brightest blue I've ever seen beyond, but I've already cancelled my meetings because I don't want to deal with late/delayed/stranded buses.

The kids have no school again, and apparently Lynn and Kenna are going with Belinda and Isla to see their horses which are stabled just outside the city. Since I'll be home Taran can stay here and have a reading day, as I have no illusions that he wants to see a pony, much less a horse.

Snow isn't foreign to Scotland-- there are parts of the country that get it regularly and where it sticks for more than a few days-- as this photo of Balachulish shows. Haven't been there, but am definitely looking forward to seeing the North sometime in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment