Monday 5 April 2010

April already

So much for adding to this weekly...

It's April 5th-- much progress and lots of confusion. I've started dealing with getting the UK visas (entry clearance), the first step of which appears to be that I need the University of Edinburgh to ship me back my MBA diploma. Then it just gets more complicated. Considering that we also need to get our passports renewed, and yet we'll need those passports to go to Costa Rica... some days it seems like it would be a lot easier to simply delay the whole moving process and just commute for Fall term.

Taran's leg is mostly healed, and he's walking (or, rather, hopping) around with a crutch and sometimes his walker. The kids had a great sleepover at my parents' house (great according to the kids-- Mom and Dad seemed to enjoy it, but I avoided asking whether the kids slept well or not), and Lynn is generally very happy to be ramping down her work load.

The house is on the market, and we've had a number of people do the walkthrough, but no indications of serious interest yet. We've begun the seemingly enormous task of going through every single thing we own (e-gads there's a lot of it)-- realistically Lynn is doing the majority of work.

I'm not even going to get into the list of things I have to do from a research/writing perspective, but suffice to say I already missed one important deadline for a publication and I'm not sure what the plan is for making it up. The true academic experience kicks in, I guess.

No travel until I go back to the UK in May, so I'll try to do better about adding to this on a regular weekly interval, and hopefully getting Lynn and the kids to add their 2 cents (or more) as well.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Adam, if there's anything you need when you get to Scotland, please let me know. I've been here for 14 years now, and do get down to Edinburgh every so often! usameredith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete